Children’s hospitals must balance the need for tests and treatments with the financial, emotional, and physical consequences of health care services that aren’t beneficial to patients and families.
Data from Children's Hospital Association's (CHA) Pediatric Health Information System® (PHIS) can be used to benchmark tests and procedures that do not add value or improve outcomes for patients with certain conditions.
PHIS offers a Tableau-powered dashboard that lets you easily visualize and compare your hospital’s:
- Proportion of inpatient/observation and emergency department encounters in which clinically ineffective care occurs.
- Costs associated with clinically ineffective care.
- Trending performance data.
- Peer benchmarks.
Dashboard insights help executives, clinical leaders, and analysts identify opportunities for change within hospitals to align value with clinical care. Navigation is simple, easy, and intuitive, even for those with little data reporting experience.
Benefits of partnering with CHA
As the nationally recognized experts in pediatric analytics, CHA understands the challenges and opportunities unique to children’s hospitals. Our data tools help members develop solutions using:
- Innovative data insights.
- Comparative visualization tools.
- Pediatric-specific reports.
- User-friendly dashboards.
Reach out to our Analytics team to learn how partnering with CHA will help your hospital improve outcomes, reduce costs, and drive improvements in pediatric health care.