The documentation provides summary info on the major COVID-19 relief packages considered by Congress this year, including the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 signed into law on March 11, 2021.
CHA Letters to Congress
- CHA letter to congressional leaders on children’s hospitals’ economic and workforce challenges (1/27/22)
- CHA letter to congressional leaders on reconciliation package priorities (9/2/21)
- CHA letter to House leaders in support of Medicare Sequester Relief and the need for additional relief for pediatric providers (3/17/21)
- CHA letter to senate leaders on immediate relief for children’s health and children’s hospitals (2/26/21)
- CHA letter to congressional leadership on immediate needs of children and children’s hospitals for next COVID Relief Package (2/8/21)
CHA Letters to the Administration
- CHA letter to President Biden on priorities for children in Build Back Better Act (10/15/21)
- CHA letter to President Biden on pediatric capacity challenges (8/26/21)
- CHA letter to President Biden on children’s hospitals’ top policy priorities (3/22/21)
To date, Congress has passed multiple large packages and one supplemental related to COVID-19 relief. Children’s hospitals have worked in tandem with CHA to advocate with Congress and the administration for direct continued relief to pediatric providers through the Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund and future legislative packages.