At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be inspired and able to:
- Use the All Teach, All Learn model to share and examine experiences, successes and failures regarding best practices relative to patient safety.
- Identify strategies to improve approaches to cause analysis, investigate risk for similar harm and mitigate risk of duplicate harm.
- Apply lessons learned from other organizations to accelerate learning and harm reduction within their own health care team(s).
As an accredited provider of continuing education (CE), Children’s Hospital Association has a conflict-of-interest policy that requires everyone in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any ineligible company. Any potential conflicts are mitigated so that presentations are evidence-based and scientifically balanced. No conflict of interest exists for any CE presenter or planning committee member related to the content of this educational activity.
In support of improving patient care, Children’s Hospital Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the health care team.
For Physicians: Children's Hospital Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM per event attended. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For Nurses: Children's Hospital Association designates this activity for 1.00 ANCC contact hour per event attended.
Criteria for successful completion of this educational activity includes confirmation of session(s) attendance in its entirety and completion of program evaluation. A link to the online Verification of Attendance and Evaluation Survey will be emailed to participants.
To receive a certificate of completion, individuals must be registered prior to the activity and complete the survey within two weeks following the activity.
Safe Table schedule (subject to change)
- Third Thursday of each month at noon ET (60 min)
- Fourth Thursday of each month at noon ET (60 min)
Safe Table planning committee
- Allison Carballo, RN, MBA, Northwell Health
- Joyce Deptola, RN, B.S.N, UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
- Anne Dykes, RN, M.S.N., ACNS-BC, CPEN, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Jeanann Pardue, MD, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- Emily Tooley, MSN, RN, CPPS, CPHQ, Child Health PSO®
- Julianne Brogren, RN, MSN, OCN, CPPS, Child Health PSO
- Lavon Kaska, Manager, Patient Safety, Child Health PSO