Pediatric Learning Solutions has created recommended education to assist with the transition of clinicians to units unfamiliar to them due to the evolving challenges of COVID-19 spread. The focus of these online course bundles is twofold:
- Preparing ambulatory clinicians for inpatient work in acute settings.
- Preparing acute care staff to move to critical care settings.
The education bundles were created with a broad focus in mind and align with core competencies needed in Acute Care and Critical Care Setting.
Hospital-Shared Online Materials and Additional Tools
Educators at PLS participating children's hospitals met virtually to discuss challenges and resources for handling the COVID-19 crisis. Resources they shared include:
Society of Critical Care Medicine – free online courses: Assessment of Critically Ill Child, Acute Respiratory Failure and Mechanical Ventilation, and Cardiovascular Evaluation and Pediatric Shock
UC Davis Simulation Resources
- Pediatric COVID-19 PICU Emergent PPE Activation Scenario
- Pediatric Infectious Intubation Checklist
- Pediatric Infectious Intubation Provider Specific Checklist
- Singapore ICU Prepping for COVID