The Pediatric Drug Shortages Project (PDSP), a year-long collaborative between the Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) and Vizient leadership, was designed to identify if and how self-governed pediatric (CHA) hospitals are uniquely and disproportionately impacted by drug shortages.
The PDSP results include:
- Analysis and discussion of survey findings that detail the drug shortage impact on pediatric and other hospitals.
- List of 30 drugs of interest; a shortage of any of these drugs would create significant disruption and disproporionately affect pediatric patient care.
- Dashboard accessible to project leadership for on-demand monitoring of these drugs' key market parameters to assess changes in demand and potential shortage risk.
- Assessment of purchasing patterns in times of a perceived shortage.
- Successful management and safety strategies.