Who can submit?
Member institutions are not limited to the number of proposals they may submit. Proposal authors from member hospitals may invite nonmembers to co-present. Nonmember participation is based on association review and must be disclosed during the call for proposals process. Nonmembers contact Carrie Hoover, (202) 753-5369 about proposal submissions.
All proposals should be submitted online. Each proposal submitted must contain:
- Presenter information
- A blinded abstract
The Conference Advisory Committees seek proposals for the following types of presentations:
- Educational Session - 30-, 45- or 60-minute concurrent session
- Poster Presentation - (CHA members only) onsite display on a 4’ x 8’ poster and a PDF copy for the conference website
All presenters are required to adhere to all of the conditions outlined in the speaker agreements.
Proposal decisions are announced after review and final selection by the Conference Advisory Committee.
Proposal review criteria for scoring
Proposals are reviewed and rated based on the following criteria.
- Innovation/Transformation (10 points): Will the proposal share innovative or transformative strategies used to address a common challenge for the target audiences?
- Relevance/Interest (10 points): Is the proposal relevant to the theme and objectives of the conference? Is the topic appealing to the targeted audiences?
- Results/Outcomes/Potential (10 points): Does the proposal demonstrate results or outcomes? Or potential results or outcomes?