About This Event
The Congressional Black Caucus and Sound the Alarm for Kids will conduct a series of roundtable discussions focused on the mental health of children and adolescents across diverse communities. In this virtual event, congressional leaders and pediatric mental health experts will discuss the national emergency on kids’ mental health and how we can address gaps in resources to ensure Black children and their families have access to culturally and developmentally appropriate resources. Paul King, Chair of the Board of Trustees of Children's Hospital Association, will moderate the discussion.
- Understand the importance of the Sound the Alarm for Kids initiative and why this is the right time to raise awareness.
- Learn more about national statistics.
- Gain insight on mental health from an advocacy perspective.
- Identify barriers to accessing care.
- Learn how the mental health crisis is effecting the Black community and what steps can be taken to address these concerns.