Speak Now for Kids provides you with an opportunity to become a champion for children’s health. Speaknowforkids.org was developed to share stories about children’s health care and opine about what our nation’s leaders should do to better meet the needs of children as health reform is implemented.
As an advocate you can:
- Become a champion for children’s health by joining Speak Now for Kids and putting yourself on a map of the United States alongside other champions.
- Submit video, audio, photo and written stories about children’s health care needs to speaknowforkids.org.
- Write to your members of Congress about important issues that affect children’s health, like Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
Advocating on Facebook and Twitter
Speak Now for Kids has a strong presence on Facebook and Twitter. Advocates can participate in a number of ways:
- Like the Speak Now for Kids Facebook page, follow @speaknowforkids on Twitter, and encourage friends to do the same.
- Encourage your followers to participate in the campaign by submitting their stories to speaknowforkids.org.
- Tweet or post a link to your testimonial on speaknowforkids.org. Tell friends why this campaign is important to you in your “About Me” box under your profile picture on Facebook or Twitter.
- List @speaknowforkids as one of your “Follow Friday” shout-outs on Twitter.
- Post a tweet about the Speak Now for Kids campaign and ask followers to re-tweet. Sample tweets are available through the “Share Now” portion of speaknowforkids.org.
Advocating on Blogs
- Encourage readers to visit Speak Now for Kids by writing about the campaign.
- Connect with bloggers who focus on health care issues to write about the need to give children a voice in health reform and encourage participation in the Speak Now for Kids campaign.
- Write a testimonial and ask others to cross-post it to their blogs.
- Download web banners and buttons for your site from our brand assets page.
- Submit original content to be considered for publication on the Speak Now for Kids blog.
Advocating on Care Pages
- Post an entry about the campaign on your Care Page/Caring Bridge page and ask your friends and family members to take part in this national campaign.
Advocating on YouTube
- Like and share your favorite videos from the Speak Now for Kids YouTube page.
- Comment on videos that support children’s health issues and link to Speak Now for Kids.