Child Health Advantage membership benefits
- Membership is free and excludes any purchasing requirements.
- Members can pick and choose which areas of the program they wish to participate in.
- The program includes best in market vaccine contracts that allow each physician's office to choose what fits best for their practice. Vaccine contracts include:
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Through a partnership with Provista, members have access to a full portfolio of contracts and services, including medical and surgical supplies, pharmacy, office supplies, IT, capital equipment and an employee savings program.
- The program offers members the opportunity to earn the largest rebates or shareback possible on administrative service fees (ASF) based on their purchases.
Becoming a member of Child Health Advantage is a simple two-step process:
- Complete the online enrollment form.
- Complete the registration forms for the programs you want to participate in:
- Provista (medical and office supplies and more)
While enrollment in Child Health Advantage is immediate, it typically takes three to five business days to finalize enrollment in specific programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Physician Buying Group?
A physician vaccine buying group, also known as a PBG, allows providers the power to purchase vaccines at the most favorable prices. Rather than buying discounted vaccines or functioning as a distributor, physician buying groups have contracts with vaccine manufacturers to get the best available prices.
Who can join?
Physician buying group memberships include most physician practices, clinics, or urgent care centers.
Why join the Child Health Advantage program?
The Child Health Advantage program is a not-for-profit program under Children’s Hospital Association (CHA); therefore, we share a mission of being champions for children’s health. Through partnership with major vaccine suppliers, CHA provides access to the best pricing for pediatric, adolescent, adult, flu, RSV and COVID-19 vaccinations. Additionally, CHA partners with the largest GPO, Provista, to provide members with the best pricing on medical and office supplies, capital equipment and IT.
How much does it cost to be a Child Health Advantage member?
Participation in the Child Health Advantage program is free. Members can choose the agreements that best fit their organization without having minimum purchasing requirements.
Which vaccine suppliers can I purchase from?
We have contracts with AstraZenca, GSK, Merck, Moderna, Novavax, Pfizer, Sanofi and Seqirus covering pediatrics, adolescent, adult, flu, RSV and COVID-19 options.
How do I order vaccines?
Once you join the Child Health Advantage program, CHA will work with the vaccine suppliers to connect your account to the Child Health Advantage contracts. Purchasing vaccines under the Child Health Advantage contract is similar to how your organization may currently purchase products. Orders can be made directly through the vaccine manufacturers (GSK Direct, Vaccine Shoppe, etc.) or through an authorized distributor.
What are the sharebacks?
The Child Health Advantage program earns Administrative Service Fees (ASF) from all suppliers, however, as a not-for-profit organization, CHA shares back a leading 75% of the service fees to all eligible member organizations.
Are there compliance measurements?
Vaccine suppliers require all physician buying groups to maintain a pre-set market for their rostered members to be eligible to receive the best market pricing. While the Child Health Advantage program does not set compliance measures, the compliance measures set by suppliers must be followed in order to receive the available pricing.
How do I become a member of the Child Health Advantage program?
Submit your office’s information through the Enrollment tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the program. Please note that vaccine suppliers have their own enrollment processes in addition to CHA enrollment, however, CHA can assist in the supplier enrollment process.