Critical care units can use the foundational content as well as recommended activities for ongoing learning and role support. Learn more about this curriculum below and see related courses on the Pediatric Learning Solutions (PLS) PICU Library page and the PLS Emergency Department Suite page.
After working through this curriculum, learners should be meet criteria including:
- Completes foundational WBTs with a passing score on the post-test.
- Recognizes alterations in physical status, documenting, communicating/escalating and providing appropriate interventions and care management, as applicable.
- Recognizes the pediatric body’s response to trauma including secondary complications from the trauma triad of death (i.e., hypothermia, acidosis and coagulopathy).
- Prioritizes resuscitation interventions.
- Provides post-resuscitation trauma care as required by the patient’s injuries.
- Provides pre- and post-operative care to the patient requiring interventional and/or surgical procedures.
PLS web-based trainings
Recommended online courses include:
- Pediatric Abdominal Trauma
- Pediatric Spinal Column/Cord Injuries
- Pediatric Toxicology Exposure
- Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury
- The Deadly Triad of Trauma
Educators can access materials for classroom activities on:
- Submersion Injuries
- Massive Transfusion Protocol
- Trauma Assessment and Management Simulation
Note: This curriculum is only available to staff at PLS Participating Hospitals.