In support of improving patient care, Children’s Hospital Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the health care team.
These credits include:
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
- All PLS clinical content provides CNE.
- Approximately 100 CNE contact hours offered
- Examples: Domestic Violence, Preventing Surgical Site Infections, Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE)
- Many PLS courses meet the national standards of the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC).
- Approximately 60 CRCE units available
- Examples: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Acquired Heard Disease in Children, and Preventing Ventilator-Associate Pneumonia
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- PLS offers some topics for continuing medical education (CME) application for physicians.
- Examples: Implementing Trauma-Informed Sensitive Practice, Pediatric Toxicology Exposure, and Autism Spectrum Disorder
Professional Development Unit (PDU)
- Several of our courses meet PDU standards approved by the Association for Child Life Professionals.
- Examples: Caring for the Behaviorally Challenged Patient, Pediatric Restraint and Seclusion, and Care of the Patient with Suicidal Ideation