Don Black, retired Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) president and CEO, was a caring and inspirational leader, who passed away in the fall of 2014. Don led CHCA for 25 years and was renowned for his love for innovation, strategic thinking and unstoppable energy.
In honor of his vision, contributions and dedication to pediatrics, the lecture series was established to enhance the Annual Leadership Conference and leadership thinking around innovation. The goal of the lecture series is to present a wide range of interesting and engaging topics on innovation by some of the foremost experts in their fields.
The lecture is delivered at the Annual Leadership Conference and Meeting of the Membership.
The Don Black Memorial Lecture on Innovation Series is made possible by the Children’s Hospital Association and generous donations by the following organizations as well as many individual contributors.
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Arkansas Children's
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Children's Health, Dallas
- Children's Hospital Colorado
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Children's Mercy Kansas City
- Children's National Medical Center
- Children's of Alabama
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Cook Children's Medical Center
- East Tennessee Children's Hospital
- Kosair Children's Hospital
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford
- Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- St. Louis Children's Hospital
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
- Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital
Also supported by Ms. Kathleen Gorman, Mr. and Mrs. Walter and Susan Noce, Mr. Jerry Rutherford, Mrs. Cynthia Sparer and Mr. Carl Spatz.