The Pediatric Quality Award honors and spreads successful improvement initiatives that children's hospitals of every size can replicate to improve care.
Every two years, CHA member hospitals submit their improvement projects that have made a big impact in patient safety, financial performance and hospital culture. An expert panel of peers and international health care experts selects the winners.
The call for entries closed July 31 with 60 hospitals entering a record 110 projects. This is a 45 percent increase in entries from 2015.
- August: Member hospital judges panel announced
- September: Member hospital judges review blinded entries and select semifinalists in each category
- November: Industry judges review semifinalist entries
- December: Industry judges select category winners and overall winner
- January 2018: CHA notifies semifinalists
- March 5-7, 2018: Semifinalists present projects; category winners and overall winner announced at the Quality & Patient Safety Conference
All entries will be posted this fall and accessible to CHA members.
All CHA members were eligible to enter projects demonstrating a minimum of six months of sustained improvement in one of four award categories:
- Clinical Care
- Delivery System Transformation
- Patient Safety and Reduction of Harm
- Waste Reduction/Improved Efficiency
Learn about previous award winners in this 10-minute video.