Hospital Acquired Conditions Library
Hospital-acquired conditions (HAC) are a frequent, serious and potentially life-threatening safety event for pediatric patients. They can equate to longer hospital stays, higher health care costs, and higher patient morbidity and mortality rates.
Pediatric Learning Solutions' HAC Safety Suite can help you reduce the occurrence of HACs in your hospital.
Improve awareness and interventions
An enhanced set of evidence-based courses – developed in partnership with industry and children’s hospital experts – supports clinical staff caring for patients who are susceptible to, or experiencing, a HAC.
Courses align with the Children’s Hospital Solutions for Patient Safety (SPS) Prevention and Maintenance Bundles to eliminate serious patient harm in children’s hospitals.
- Recognize how HACs impact pediatric patients
- Follow evidence-based practices for patients with a HAC
- Apply effective prevention strategies for each HAC
- All courses have associated CNE
- Preventing Central Line-associated Bloodstream Infections
- Preventing Ventilator-associated Pneumonia
- Preventing Surgical Site Infections
- Introduction to Pediatric Pressure Injuries
- Pressure Injuries in the Pediatric Population: Staging and Care
- Pressure Injury Staging Assessment
- Preventing Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infections
- Preventing Pediatric Falls