In addition to instantly getting the information they need, your nurses and respiratory therapists can have 24/7 access to online resources to meet their continuing education needs.
In support of improving patient care, Children’s Hospital Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
- All PLS clinical content provides CNE.
- We offer approximately 100 CNE contact hours in as many different topic areas related to caring for the pediatric or neonatal patient.
- Topics with associated contact hours may include: Domestic Violence, Preventing Surgical Site Infections, and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation.
Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE)
- Many PLS courses meet the national standards of the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC).
- We offer approximately 60 CRCE units in as many different topic areas related to caring for the pediatric or neonatal patient, specific to Respiratory Therapists.
- Topics with associated contact hours may include: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Acquired Heart Disease in Children and Preventing Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- We offer some topics for continuing medical education (CME) applicable for physicians.
- Topics with associated contact hours may include: Pediatric Toxicology Exposure, Implementing Trauma-Informed Sensitive Practice, and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Professional Development Units (PDU)