Inpatient Essentials (formerly Case Mix) is a comparative pediatric database including inpatient clinical data for 90 children’s hospitals.
Hospitals can identify operational improvements specifically for inpatient pediatric populations and benchmark with peers on key measures such as case mix index, readmissions, average length of stay, cases, charges/cost, mortality and more.
- Data — patient abstract, diagnoses (ICD-9/10), procedures
- Patient types – inpatient and observation (2016 enhancement)
- Transparency — blinded hospital ID, peer selection by hospital type and patient characteristics
- Executive-level reports highlight trends based on key children’s hospital metrics
- Drill-down capability allows for the identification of improvement opportunities
- Key metrics export for additional analysis using local software
Eligibility and enrollment
New hospitals can join the program at any time. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.