Most of the sickest children in the nation—children with medically complex conditions (CMC)—rely on Medicaid for their care. The Advancing Care for Exceptional Kids (ACE Kids) Act was designed with them in mind. When implemented on Oct. 1, 2022, by states opting in to the program, ACE Kids will:
- Enable better care coordination for children across multiple providers
- Ease access to necessary care across state lines
- Keep patients out of the hospital and care close to home whenever possible
- Support more standardized data collection and quality improvement
- Decrease Medicaid spending
What is the ACE Kids Act?
Improving CMC Care Models