The Children's Hospital Association (CHA) advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost and delivery of care with our children’s hospitals.
Who we are
Representing 220 children’s hospitals, we are the voice of children’s hospitals nationally.
Children’s hospitals are essential providers, setting the standard for the highest quality pediatric care while training the next generation of pediatricians. With its members, the CHA champions policies that enable children’s hospitals to better serve children; leverages its position as the pediatric leader in data analytics to facilitate national collaborative and research efforts to improve performance; and spreads best practices to benefit the nation’s children.
What we do stronger together
We work with member hospitals to develop forward-thinking solutions for child health and children’s health care backed by 50 years of collaboration. We focus our collective efforts in areas of greatest impact and aggregated strength: policy, quality and safety best practices, and analytics to inform decision-making of clinicians, policy-makers, payers and providers.
We create a learning environment, peer networks and communication channels that enable children’s hospitals to share and learn with each other and from innovators within and outside of the health care industry.
Additionally, through partnerships and alliances with other hospital, physician and child health organizations, we leverage the collective influence of member hospitals to benefit child health and children’s health care. Working together with our members as a unified, national voice for the nation’s pediatric programs fulfills our shared mission of being champions for children’s health.
- Ensure a healthy future for all children
- Build awareness of children’s health care needs and how they are different
- Innovate solutions that improve child health, pediatric health care and reduce costs to the health care system
- Advance collaborative change through children’s hospitals
- Emphasize children’s hospitals as a critical community resource
In carrying out our mission, the CHA staff follow these values:
(view expanded list)
- We serve with purpose and passion
- We collaborate to have a greater impact
- We are trustworthy
- We embrace change with optimism
- We are responsible stewards
Governance and corporate entities
CHA is governed by a Board of Trustees and includes the following corporate entities:
Affiliated with CHA, the Child Health Patient Safety Organization (PSO) is a federally listed patient safety organization by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- National Association of Children’s Hospitals (N.A.C.H.), a 501c(6) that funds lobbying activities
- National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions (NACHRI) a 501c(3) not-for-profit
- Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA), a co-op