Pain Management: Assessment of Pain discusses assessment as the foundation of pain management. Specifically addressed are the elements of a complete pain assessment, pain intensity scales and the role of critical judgment in managing patients’ pain effectively.
- Branching scenario which allows learners to see the impact of the choices they make.
- Identify assessment findings that may indicate pain in the pediatric patient and developmentally disabled pediatric patient.
- State the elements to consider in a pain assessment.
- Describe the pain intensity scales commonly used in assessing children of various levels of development and function.
- Delineate the Joint Commission Standards for pain assessment and management.
- Discuss the role of critical judgment in assessing and managing pain.
- New version released on September 6, 2017
- Approved for 0.8 CNE contact hours
Children's Hospital Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.