This course will review many of the common oncologic emergencies that occur in the pediatric population. Early recognition of the signs and symptoms of such emergencies and early treatment will help prevent further complications, leading to better outcomes for the child with cancer.
- Recognize the most common pediatric oncologic emergencies.
- Describe management strategies for oncologic emergencies.
- Case scenario knowledge checks throughout the course
- Engaging images and learner interactions
- Newly developed course released February 1, 2017.
- Approved for 0.7 CNE contact hours.
- Length of course is 47 minutes.
- Appropriate for clinicians working in the ED and PICU.
- Part of our PICU Advanced library.
Children's Hospital Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NOTE: This course is only available to staff at PLS Participating Hospitals through their Learning Management Systems. If you are interested, please check with your organization’s learning staff or contact Patty Kohn to learn more.