Conditions affecting the mother can complicate pregnancy and pose a threat to the unborn child. Recognizing and properly managing these conditions will improve mortality and morbidity in the mother and her infant.
This course will provide an overview of select maternal factors that can affect the newborn and the impact these conditions may have on the infant.
- Recognize risks to the infant related to select maternal pre-existing and gestational conditions as well as identified labor complications.
- Identify the effects at-risk maternal behaviors may have on the newborn.
- Evaluate the neonate for signs of complications due to the identified pre-existing maternal disease, maternal gestational condition or labor complication.
- New! Resource Library (See: Image 1) for learner to reference throughout course
- Engaging learner interactions
- Symptom Cross-Reference Checker (See: Image 2)
with instant print option
- Virtual "preceptor" to guide the learner throughout course
- Three application-based case scenarios with medical history and patient assessment (See: Images 3a, 3b)
- Newly developed course released on August 26, 2016.
- Approved for 1.2 CNE contact hours
- Appropriate for clinicians working in the NICU & newborn nursery, graduate nurses and educators
- Part of our NICU Library
Children's Hospital Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.