Our workforce is more diverse than ever before. Employee and organizational practices must evolve alongside society and its ever-changing culture. This course is designed to introduce the concepts of workplace diversity, including aspects of bias, inclusion and cultural humility.
- This course explores the aspects of diversity present in many workplaces and provides tangible behaviors employees can implement on the individual level to support a safe, supportive environment.
- Define workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Describe the key characteristics and benefits of a diverse workplace.
- Discuss how biases impact interactions within a diverse workplace.
- Identify inclusive behaviors that you can implement in your work environment.
- Examine the practice of cultural humility.
NOTE: This course is only available to staff at PLS Participating Hospitals through their Learning Management Systems. If you are interested, please check with your organization’s learning staff or contact Patty Kohn to learn more.