- Identify the structures of the heart.
- Describe the functional differences between mechanical and electrical cells.
- Identify the structures of the electrical conduction system.
- Describe the function of each structure in the electrical conduction system.
- Describe the effects of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous stimulation on cardiac cell function.
- Reviews cardiac anatomy and physiology that is necessary to understand arrhythmias
- Interactive images that help promote learning
- Interactive review of structure of the heart at the end of the course
- First course that should be completed in a series of 13 courses in the Arrhythmia Recognition library
- Approved for 0.4 CNE contact hours
- Appropriate for clinicians in PICU, NICU, ED and acute care units caring for cardiac patients
NOTE: This course is only available to staff at PLS Participating Hospitals through their Learning Management Systems. If you are interested, please check with your organization’s learning staff or contact Patty Kohn to learn more.