The Value Analysis program is designed to help member hospitals identify the most effective products for pediatric patients. The program complements local value analysis programs by providing opportunities to:
- Leverage a workflow management tool used by other children's hospitals (Value Analysis Management Software by Data Leverage Group)
- Review peer hospital programs to adopt common processes and templates
- Participate in aggregate product purchasing by synchronizing decision-making for select purchasing categories
ENFit collaborative project
Our first Value Analysis project supports a global patient safety effort and is open to all CHA member hospitals. While some have made the conversion, other member hospitals are continuing evaluation of existing research and practices related to the use of the new connector design.
The new connectors are designed to prevent tube misconnections (between feeding and other types of tubes) that can harm patients. However, children’s hospitals and feeding tube vendors have discovered children may be at increased risk for liquid medication dosing errors with ENFit products as described in a patient safety alert from the Child Health Patient Safety Organization.
All hospitals must clinically evaluate the available ENFit products through research to implement these new products safely. This project centralizes the research work and helps secure the best product pricing.
ENFit conversion discussion group
Connect with peers and discuss implementation of ENFit connectors through a new discussion group available to any CHA member.
- Go to the Member Center Groups & Products tab (login required)
- Expand section for "Other Groups"
- Find "ENFit Conversion"
- Select "Join Group"
The Value Analysis program is open to all hospitals enrolled in the Supply Chain Services program. The ENFit discussion group is open to all CHA member hospitals for no additional fee. Contact Julie Benson at (913) 262-1436.