Enrollment is now open for CHA's new Community Health Affinity Group. The group will launch in 2020 and seeks to enroll hospital staff working in community health and community benefit programs.
- Fuel the strategic alignment, performance and impact of children’s hospital-sponsored community health initiatives
- Identify opportunities for collective impact or input, only possible via multi-site collaboration.
- Spread knowledge and best practices for community health among participating hospitals.
- This is a one year, topic-based affinity group. While not an improvement project, the group could identify and pursue benchmarking opportunities.
- Enrollment is at the hospital level and accommodates up to 3 consistent participants. The affinity group is not restricted by role/title and is appropriate for children's hospital staff whose work focuses in community health. Team members may represent roles such as strategy, operations, evaluation, community benefit or clinical leadership.
- In-person meetings will be hosted in the spring and fall and virtual gatherings will take place bi-monthly focused on a topic of interest driven by participants. Additionally, expert guests from the field will be invited to present exclusively to the Affinity Group members.
- A closed listserv will be available for ongoing discussion and will be tied to an online library to support resource collection, ad hoc sharing and expanded learning.
1. Submit you roster of participants online
2. Print and sign the Community Health Affinity Group Prospectus.
3. Return your signed form to Stacy Biddinger.
Hospitals are encouraged to enroll by December 31, 2019.
A Steering Committee has been convened to advise CHA staff and guide the direction of the Affinity Group:
Vice President, Community Health
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
Director, The PLAYERS Center for Child Health
Wolfson Children’s Hospital
Manager, Community Benefit
Community Health Manager
Primary Children’s Hospital
The following hospitals have enrolled as of December 31st.
Akron Children's Hospital
American Family Children's Hospital/UW Health
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Arkansas Children's Hospital
Boston Children's Hospital
Children's Hospital and Medical Center
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters
Children's Mercy Kansas City
Children's National Hospital
Cook Children's Medical Center
Dayton Children's Hospital
Dell Children's Medical Center
LeBonheur Children's Hospital
Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
MUSC Children's Hospital
Primary Children's Hospital
Seattle Children's Hospital
St. Jude Children's Research
St. Louis Children's Hospital
Texas Children's Hospital
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Valley Children's Healthcare
Wolfson Children's Hospital,