Quality and Safety in Children's Health Conference brings pediatric quality and safety professionals across the country to one place, one time a year, for the kind of lively conversations and collaborative learning that can spark change in children’s hospitals.
The 2019 Quality and Safety in Children's Health Conference was a great success and there are many individuals to thank for contributing to that success.
- Thank you to conference attendees for traveling to Atlanta and taking the time to network with colleagues, share ideas and innovations to advance children's health care.
- Thank you to the conference speakers and poster presenters for sharing their knowledge and expertise.
- Thank you to the Conference Member Advisory Committee for dedicating their time and knowledge to build the conference program.
Danielle Ofri, MD, PhD
Attending Physician, Bellevue Hospital
Clinical Professor of Medicine, NYU
Author, What Patients Say; What Doctors Hear
Ingrid Fetell Lee
Designer and Founder of The Aesthetics of Joy
Former Design Director at IDEO
- Advancing Clinical Effectiveness
- Evolving Patient and Family Partnerships
- Improving Care Across the Continuum
- Managing the Health Care of Children and Providers
Pediatric quality and patient safety-focused professionals:
- Quality and Safety leaders, administrators and clinicians
- CMOs and medical and physician leaders including department chairs and directors
- CNOs and nursing leaders including unit directors and manager
- Patient care professionals including quality of care and patient safety leaders
- VP operations and patient care leaders
- Clinical group leaders including cardiac, infection prevention, operating room, pharmacy and radiology
Several affinity groups and programs will host meetings in conjunction with the conference. Association staff will share additional information about those meetings directly with participants.
Conference Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe best practices to improve care delivery systems, care coordination and outcomes in managing the health care of children.
- Discuss unique approaches to improving the patient experience through advances in patient and family engagement.
- Explore innovative strategies to build clinical effectiveness and impact safety in health care.
- Share key strategies within their health care teams that can be used to improve quality and safety outcomes.
In support of improving patient care, Children’s Hospital Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.