www.childrenshospitals.org is CHA's main website serving our member hospitals and all those who care about and work towards the health and well being of all children.
Here are some tips for getting started with new site features. If you have a question, please contact us.
Who can get a login?
- All member hospital employees may obtain a login to access members-only content and their programs.
- Nonmembers can obtain a login to subscribe to our magazine and email based content alerts, and register for public events.
- Your login is specific to you and your access rights. Do not share your login with others.
Will my old website login work?
Our new single sign-on system allows you to access this site, data tools and event registration with one login.
- Yes, if you registered for an event in 2014 or 2015 and/or had a login for extranet.chca.com or legacy CHCA data tool.
- No, if your login was for www.childrenshospitals.net. Use Create Account on the login screen. (Member hospital employees should use their hospital work email address.)
Need login help? Contact email@example.com
Topic Areas, Resource Library and Newsroom
Programs and Services
- Content open to the public and/or all member hospitals is available throughout the site, and is organized by topic and type.
- Content open only to members is noted with a lock icon.
- Content for participants of groups and fee-based programs is found only in the Member Center and your groups and products (see below).
Programs and Services provides an overview of the benefits, eligibility and enrollment information on our programs. Staff contacts are listed for more information.
Events section lists future and past events open to the public, and/or all members. Group events are listed only in the Member Center Events tab or your group's events tab.
Finding hospitals and colleagues is easy with our fully searchable directories.
- Children's Hospital Directory is a public resource to find hospitals by location, bed size, type and other criteria.
- Member Directory is a members-only resource to find hospital colleagues by name, location, hospital name, functional role and more.
Our keyword search encompasses all site content, including groups, discussion posts, file attachments, and events. Results are listed by relevance and indexed by type to help you find just what you need. To view search results from group content, you must be logged in.
For all site users with a login, the Member Center is a personal hub for the recent content, events and groups accessible by you. You also can manage your subscriptions, profile and password.
access recent content
- Recent Resources aggregates all site resources you have access to, including those from groups you belong to.
- Recent Discussions will aggregate the latest posts from all the discussion lists for groups you participate in.
find your groups, programs and tools
- Groups and Products provides access to the groups you already belong to and lists several groups open to member hospital employees.
- If you do not see a group or data tool you should have access to, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you participate in data programs or other tools, they will be listed on the right side of your Member Center under "My Tools."
Manage your subscriptions
Subscriptions allows you to manage all of your subscriptions to CHA newsletters, alerts and discussion lists in one place.
- Content Alerts will alert you via email when new, non-group resources are added to the site on the topics you select. Anyone with a login can sign up for Content Alerts. You also can manage your receipt of marketing emails.
- Newsletters allow you to subscribe to Children's Hospitals Today magazine and digital newsletters.
- Discussions manages notifications for your group discussion lists. Discussions are similar to listservs, and you can post and reply from email alone, plus you can access posts from the Web and they are fully searchable. Notification options include real-time, Web-only and daily or weekly digests.
update your profile and password
Updating your Profile helps us serve you better.
- Add a photo, bio, and education information to your profile to support peer networking though the Member Directory and your groups
- Opt-out or opt-in to show your contact information in the Member Directory (members only)
We have nearly 70 discussion lists focused on a variety of topics and peer groups. Discussions are available in your Member Center. They are either open to all members or tied to groups or products you participate in.
Discussion subscription options
- By default, you are subscribed to real-time email notifications for all your lists. You can select preferences per list and select either real-time or Web-only notifications of new posts in the Subscriptions tab of your Member Center.
- Daily or weekly digests can be set at the group level. The digests include posts from all the discussion lists within your group.
Starting a Discussion thread via the website
- The Title becomes the subject line of the email alert and the thread topic. Please be descriptive, yet concise.
- Attach one file when posting on the website (you can attach multiple files if you post via email).
- If your group has more than one discussion list, select a specific list from the drop down menu.
- You will not receive your own initial post via email.
starting a discussion thread via email
- Start a new thread via your email client (like Microsoft Outlook) by emailing the list's address, which is posted within your group.
- Please delete your signature block and logos before sending your message. Your name will appear automatically along with your message.
- You may attach multiple files via email.
- You will not receive your own initial post via email.
replying to a Thread VIA the website
- To post a reply, click on the title of the discussion thread in your group or your Recent Discussions.
- You may attach one file (you can attach multiple files via email).
replying to a Thread via email
- Reply to a thread just as you would a regular email if you use the real-time notifications.
- From the daily or weekly digest, click on the thread title and you can post your reply via the website (login required).
replying to all subscribers vs. an individual
- All subscribers of your discussion list will get replies.
- To reply to an individual, click on their name next to the thread title and it will load their profile on the website with their contact information (login required).